Search The Workroom

Jun 11, 2013

Texas teachers honored at Texas Indy Car race

Two Oklahoma teachers who used their bodies to shield kindergarteners when their school took a direct hit from a tornado were honored at the IndyCar race in Texas on Saturday night.
Jennifer Simonds and Anna "Sam" Canaday work at Plaza Towers Elementary School in Moore, Okla., which was hit by an EF5 tornado May 20.

Before teaming with Canaday on an enthusiastic command for drivers to start their engines at Texas Motor Speedway, Simonds said the teachers don't see themselves as heroes.
"I'm very thankful I'm alive and I'm thankful to do things like this," said Simonds, who had never before been to or even seen a race. "But I don't see myself as a hero."

Read The Entire Article Here
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/motor/indycar/2013/06/08/oklahoma-teachers-tornado-honored-texas-motor-speedway/2404273/

No comments:

Post a Comment